Monday, April 19, 2010

MY BIRTHDAY!!!


I had lots of birthday celebrations this year. One the weekend before my birthday my dad made me ribs and lemon-raspberry layer cake (not pictured - I forgot my camera!) which was super yummy. On the Monday after Adam and I took the day off and did all sorts of fun stuff like going out for bruch and puttering around the garden. He also made my birthday dinner which was an asparagus soup starter. It was really tasty and I liked how the cut green chives and blobs of olive oil mimicked the green bowl the soup was in. Adam is a food artist.


Next we had braised beef with veggies and collard greens on top. I am really starting to like collard greens and its nice to have a change of pace in the leafy green selection because there is only so much spinach I can eat. For dessert: Chef pino from my mom! Thanks mom - Adam tried to make me eat them the day before my birthday celebration but I would not let him.

My actual birthday celebration was a bit of a surprise. Adam had an exam the next day and I figured he would be busy studying so I didn't make too much of it. Actually I went to the gym after work so I was so surprised and happy to see my birthday dinner when I got home. Adam made ribs (more ribs!) roasted cauliflower, potato wedges and, of course, collard greens. I was so hungry I forgot to take pictures but the highlight had to be the cupcakes Adam made. They were lemon almond sponge cake with strawberry icing. They were delicious and I think the most beautiful cupcakes I have ever seen.

Phew...I am lucky!

2 comments:

  1. you are lucky adam cooks so much food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tienes razon hija las cup cakes son mas lindas que las que proponen para las bodas....sopa, ribs todo un banquete.

    ReplyDelete