Sunday, January 31, 2010

Breakfast for Dinner!

I got home from New York Sunday evening so I did not have the chance to do groceries or make dinner (I try to make dinner Sunday night at the very least since Adam does not get home till about eight). Since we needed to eat from the fridge and wanted something quick I suggested breakfast for dinner. I always secretly want breakfast for dinner but it is only on special occasions that Adam says yes and I suppose my return from NY warranted a yes in this case. I had made home-made baked beans the previous weekend so we had those with eggs, bacon, and steamed spinach. The baked beans were OK the day I made them but they had gotten even better after sitting the fridge for a few days and the bacon was super nice and crispy. We had to finish off some spinach and decided that steamed spinach should regularly accompany brunch as it was a really nice pairing to the heavy bacon, eggs and beans.

For dessert we had grapefruit. I am always a fan of grapefruit but having it pre-cut into nice pith free wedges for you is just heaven. One of my top three breakfasts of all time!

1 comment: