Monday, March 29, 2010

Philly Cheese Steaks!!!

My lovely mom sent us a bunch of groceries the other day - including several roasts. We wanted to try something a little different so we made Philly cheese steak sandwiches. Adam cut the roast up into really thin pieces and I fried up some mushrooms, red peppers and onions. I got fresh baguette that day so we piled the meat and toppings with a thick layer of mozzarella cheese and broiled it until the cheese melted. I don't know if would really be considered a Philly cheese steak because Adam says in Philly they use cheese whiz but this sandwich was soooooo gooooood that I don't really care.

3 comments:

  1. I want!!! I think i might steal your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought a reuben had corned beef... or coleslaw. Wait - I don't think I know what a reuben is.

    ReplyDelete